Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, February 28, 2011

Project Re-Style #9

Happy Monday Everyone!
We are on Week number 9 of our Project Re-Style Challenge.  If you are joining my Blog for the first time, I am doing A Restyle of something old or that doesn't fit, every week for one year.   Monday is  my Re-Style day!  That's right, 52 weeks of Re-Styling. ~ I am starting to LOVE Mondays~
Sound fun ?  All the details will be at the end of this post.

This weeks Re-Style is  a skirt that I have had about a year.  It was really long and really big, (4 inches too big). So instead of it  just sitting in my closet or me giving it away, I decided to make it shorter and tighter.
It is such a great Spring color, and now it is full and bouncy and fun. 
I  can't wait to wear it.
So here is my tutorial and please bear with me,
tutorials are hard to do sometimes.


Here is what I did.

 I turned it inside out.
 I ripped out the slip and zipper.
 I made the slip smaller to fit me, and  reattached the zipper to the slip, so  I could use it under my new skirt.

 I took the skirt and cut it to the length that I wanted.
Then with the material I cut off, I  folded that in half and made a tube for the elastic band, i left an  opening to thread the elastic through.   I measured my waist and cut a piece of elastic to fit me, and threaded it through the opening.  Then I stitched the elastic together, and closed  the opening with an invisible stitch.



 I turned my skirt inside out , Placed the band on the inside of the skirt and pinned it to the skirt.
~ gathering the material to make it match up. 
Then  I sewed the band to the skirt.

  This is how short I made the skirt, and the pink skirt is how the top of the skirt  looked before.


And we are all done!
9 down 43 to Go
Click the Picture above for all the details.

Thank you for joining me for this weeks Re-Style.
I Hope I see you next week for number 10.
Have a super Great Monday Everyone! 
Go Out and Re-Style Something.

7 comments:

  1. Cool!!! Sewing is the next thing on my list of things to learn! :D
    Have a wonderful week girl!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought that the length and drop waist would make the older skirt so dated, but side-by-side, the coral-orange one looks so much more current. Excellent restyle project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your re-styles. i do this quite often...but mine mainly involve a scissors and that's it! you lost me at step two, lol! the colors in this outfit are two of my spring favorites...tangerines and teals.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I just bought a white skirt from goodwill that is like this one. Might have to adjust it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to update your wardrobe. I would love to feature this on my blog, Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Thanks!

    http://reuseandupcycle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. I wish I had the courage to do it myself since it is hard to find the right length skirt when you are 5'2". Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!