Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Need A Pearl Necklace?

I wanted a dainty Pearl necklace and I don't like to do anything too  difficult, so this is my version  of a easy dainty pearl necklace .  It took me about an hour from start to finish. I had everything here except the small pearls and I picked those up at Wal-mart, 50 for $2.00.  Sooooo, I guess you could call this the $2.00 necklace.   If you had to buy everything it would probably cost you about $5.00 or $6.00. but you would have lots of ribbon and jute left over to make other stuff so maybe not that much.
You Ready to make one?



Tutorial

Things You Need.

1. Tiny Jute 
2. Ribbon of your Choice
    I used 5/8"  and 1/8" Cream Ribbon. I had the ribbon  but you can get it at Wal- mart for a  $1.00.
3. Scissors 
4. Pearls,also Wal-Mart $2.00
5. Hot glue gun. I purchased mine about 3 years ago at Wal-mart .  I got the cheap low heat one I think it   
    was $4.00.

Ok, Let's Get Started

 Cut three strands of Jute the same length.
decide how far apart you want your pearls, then start to string them on you jute.

 Tie a knot on both sides of the pearl.
I strung one strand at a time, then I Strung  the next strand, matching it up as I went.


Make sure your pearls line up.
 Once I had them all done I made a loop at the end. Just tie a knot and leave a loop.



 Then I twisted my pearls together grouping them 
like this.

 Then I added my ribbon weaving it
in and out through the pearls

 Tying the ribbon at the end  like so.



Cut your bigger ribbon, 2 pieces about, 12 inches.
Put it through the loop you made and tie it in a knot.

Trim the extra ribbon.
 Now using your hot glue gun I finished up where the ribbon was tied.  I just put a little glue on  and wrapped some ribbon around it to conceal the knots.

So they look like this.
All Done, and here she is.. 
Just how I imagined it in my head..
I added one of the pins I made for a different look.


 
Well, It was a long tutorial, but it took me longer to up load photos, then it took to make the necklace.  
Look...:) My face is a camera. 
(That's for you Jen at

Have a Wonderful Wednesday Everyone!!
HUGS!

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Your camera face cracked me up.
    Thanks for sharing, that's a really cute necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely ! Did you think of this yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea. looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I make a lot of jewelry and this is really easy and unique! I'll definitely give it a go sometime!
    Katie in GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I am trying to redo a necklace right now, great inspiration! Thanks for sharing Pearl necklace at Show !

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!