Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, February 21, 2011

Project Re-Style #8

Happy Monday Everyone!! 
If your just tuning into Wobisobi,  this is Project Re-Style Day for me.. We are on Week #8  WOW!  I can't believe it has been eight weeks. Well if you are just now finding me, I am part of Project Re-Style, 52 weeks of re-styling something old into something new.  I have all of the details  at the end of this post.  There are lots of bloggers who are doing this and they all have such wonderful ideas, it is truly mind blowing!! This week I had this Shirt I bought from Target about 3 years ago and it was one of my favorites because of the fit and how it could go with almost anything.   I even bought the same shirt in a different color because I loved it so much.  Well my shirt started to get little holes right around the collar, I tried to mend it but I failed miserably.  So because I never throw anything away, (well I do throw somethings away, I am not a hoarder, I promise.) it hung in my closet for about a year.  I guess  it  secretly wanted to be Re-Styled and worn once again. 
I just need to say  ONE Thing!  
THANK YOU  so much for joining my BLOG, and if you are one of my wonderful followers, Words could never express how much I appreciate all your  sweet comments and wonderful  support. I LOVE doing this blog, even if no one ever looked at it, I would still just love documenting my journey this year.

OK,  Lets Get this project rolling. 

 Tutorial
Things you need.
1.  Old Shirt
2.  Scissors
3. Another old tee in the same color or in a contrasting color, use your imagination.
4.  Sewing machine or you could sew it by hand if you so desired.
5.  A Vision.;)


 I don't know if you can see the holes, but this is where I tried to mend it.


 I took an old tee shirt and cut strips about  6 inches wide, folded them in half and cut slits in them.
 Then I stretched them like the Five Minute Scarf.
Then I sewed them on to the shirt.


I took one length of ruffle all the way around.

 And I did a second ruffle just across the front.
YAY!! all done and my shirt is reborn. 
Welcome back, old friend.
I am going to wear it today with a Black Gray Pencil Skirt.

8 Down 44 to go
 Just click on the  picture for all the details.

 I hope Everyone has a great Monday.
See you next week:)
or hopefully before then.
Hugs!!

15 comments:

  1. great job! thanks for the comment and the follow!

    love your posts, I'll be following as well!

    sarah
    http://www.speakmylanguages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe you are at the 8th project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It is so cute. I'm going to have to try this on one of my old blah shirts. Thanks.

    Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That might be fun to do on a canvas bag as well. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute. love it!! Believe it or not I had my own Anne-inspired restyle brainstorm last night just before I fell asleep. I'm going to change up a cute bracelet that is too small. Hope it works and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get holes around my belly. It happens to my co-workers, too. Could it be due to snagging on our zippers? We haven't figured out the mystery yet. If you see me with ruffles on my belly, know that you inspired me! (I had thought of buttons, but I like this idea better)
    Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I'm big on upcycling my wardrobe lately. Stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great restyle!!! Love it! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I just cleaned out drawers of old t-shirts and put them in a pile in my craft room. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that!? Stopping by from Serenity Now Blog Hop. http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant!! I think you need to go on Project Runway. :) (Say hi to Michael Kors for me--love him!)

    Thank you so much for linking up with my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. have to say you definitely have vision + ability!
    thx for the inspiration ")

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!