Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, February 14, 2011

Project Re-Style #7

Hey Everyone and welcome to Project Re-Style #7.   If you are just tuning in, I am doing a Re-Style Project every Monday for 52 weeks , One Whole Year.   All the details will be at the end of the post.  This week  I was a little apprehensive about what I wanted to Re-Style. I have had these leather Pants for about 6 years.   I bought them at Express, and was so thrilled  to have them.  As time went on and they became out of style,  they just hung in my closet waiting.  I was  trying to figure out what I wanted to do with them.  Should I cut my pants up for a belt , a clutch purse, some jewelry .  Then I thought what about a skirt something that I could wear once in a while.  So that is what I did. I am still thinking about the hem line, as of for now 
I kind of like it the way it is, Zig Zag.  
So here is the tutorial.  
I had to do a lot of research on the internet and I will link some sites that might also explain how to do this.  It took me about an hour from start to finish.  I was also thinking it would be great to make a skirt out of some old  jeans too, maybe that will be another project.
The link I looked at for this was HERE.



 First you determine how long you want your skirt.
And you cut across the legs
Then you carefully rip out the seams on the inside of the leg .

 Then you rip out the seam up to the zipper also the back seam.
 This is the back
 
 Then you take the extra leg piece and slide it under the triangle, Pin it and sew it where I marked with the dotted line, using a heavy duty needle on your sewing machine. Front and Back.
 Trim pieces  to match the length of the skirt.
 That's  it,  all done.
 I learned a lot on this project, like I think making a straight seam down to the V might have looked better.  Maybe I will rip it out and do that,  MAYBE.  
But I kind of like the different look of this.

7 down 45 to go
 Click on the picture for all the details about 
Project Re-Style.

See you next Monday!
Have a Fabulous Night!

7 comments:

  1. ooooh awesome! Leather always seems so tricky to me! Great Job Anne!!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it! Do I win a prize? I took your previous post title as a hint. Awesome job! I like the zig-zag uniqueness. A 'V' would be cool, too!

    Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks amazing! I can't believe it's already week 7 or Project Restyle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really big project. A lot of work, a really amazing result.
    But tell me, how was the dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, I want to do that with a pair of jeans, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I have a pair of these pants that I got when I was helping my cousin clean out her closet over 10 years ago. I will definitely add this to my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!