Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, February 7, 2011

Project Re-Style #6

Welcome to Project Restyle #6.  I can not believe it is week 6 in my Project Re-Style Journey.  If you are just tuning in,  I do a Re-Style Project every Monday.  All the details are going to be at the end of this Post.  
 So here we Go.  
I found this tank top  hidden away, deep in the bottom of my drawer.  This was a perfect Re-Style Project for this week because it is PINK,  just in time for Valentine's Day.  My good Friend E was so sweet and  gifted me the shirt for the ruffles.  I was going to make another 5 minute scarf out of the shirt she gifted me, but when I saw that the shirt and tank  were the same color I thought no, I am making a ruffled tank.   Now, I am not going to lie, this was a little harder than cutting the sleeves out of a sweater, and  I am no 
sewing expert by any means.  This was a Litttttle more challenging than the other projects, but I love a challenge.
The tutorial is below.



Tutorial


I took my gifted shirt and cut it into strips.
 Then I folded them in half and hand stitched it to make the ruffles.




I made about 4 strips of ruffles.

I placed the tank on a flat surface and placed the ruffles on it in different patterns,  once  I found the pattern that I liked I pined it


Then I opened up the ruffle and sewed them to the tank with my sewing machine.

It took me about an hour to sew all the ruffles on.

And That is it.

Now, I just have to style it with something, mmmmmmmm

6 down 46 to go!
Click on the Picture and you can get all the details about 
Project Re-Style!

See you  Next Monday!!
Have a Wonderful Night.

22 comments:

  1. super intricate!!! It looks straight out of a department store -- great job Anne! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am a fan of pink, and I'm a fan of ruffles! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Your top looks super cute. Looking forward to seeing how you style it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look a little difficult, but it's so cute! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the ruffles - the new tank is fabulous!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! When I was little I couldn't say ruffles - I called them Frennels. I love the Frennels you made - this tank is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! You did an awesome job :) This is my favorite tank re-fashion I have seen!

    justbeckause.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute. Came over here by way of Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking this up to my 1st Fashion Friday Runway Linky Party! You are now entered in my Glamorouse Giveaway!

    http://damedesignstudio.blogspot.com/2011/02/1st-fashion-friday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. this turned out really really cute! Nice way to dress up a plain tank!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great restyle. It looks great!

    Megan (a new follower)
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute...my 20 year old daughter would love this:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks like a $70 tank from anthro. stunning.

    ruffles are sooo much easier than i thought. going to try my hand at some this weekend.

    i'd be so honored if you'd share this with my readers at
    Creative Juice Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous re-style. I love anything with ruffles. :) You did a fabulous job!

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne-

    Just FYI: this re-styled tank is going to be featured this week (2/24) on Creative Juice Thursday!

    thanks for linking up!
    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this so much, I featured it on my blog today. :)

    You can check it out here:
    http://justbeckause.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-head-monday.html

    Have a great day!

    <3Becky
    justbeckause.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you cut up a FGCU shirt! (GASP!!!!! - from southwest Florida!!!) :) Adorable restyle though.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!