Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy Leather Clutch

Happy Thursday Everyone. 
I hope all of you have had a positive and  successful week.  I wanted to share with all of you what we are going to do in class tomorrow. An easy Leather clutch or phone case. The point of this project  is that Design and Fashion is not only clothes but accessories as well. I am giving them the basic design ,but I want them to embellish it, creating their own design. I love working with leather it is such a great medium. So for all of you at home here is the plan.







 Tutorial
Things You Need



1. Cut your leather. I used a 8 by 11 piece of card stock as a template.
2.  Fold up the bottom,  tape the two pieces together holding it into place, while you punch holes in it. I punched about 9 holes on each side.
3.Take your leather cording and lace it through the holes. Tie a knot at both ends.
4. Put in your magnetic snaps. using the video instructions HERE.
5. Make an embellishment to cover the snap.






6.Cut three pieces of leather and braid them to make the strap. Tie a knot at both ends, then attach  the braid using the hole punch and leather cord.




and that is it.
I hope all is well with everyone.
One more week of Fashion class and I will be back to my normal blogging schedule, lots of clothes posts.
I really miss doing them.
Friday is here.
I cannot wait to show you what class did this week.
<3
Anne
Linking to
Blissful and Domestic

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Anne - this is so beautiful!! I am so featuring this in my favorites tomorrow!!

    xoxo

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very easy and beautiful! Great ideas Anne! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fun...i'm envisioning the little one with a strap and fringes on the bottom~ cute!

    and thanks for the sweet email/comment regarding my blog!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Pouches are really in at the moment! Hope your class has fun creating them!

    www.noaslibellule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project...it's going in the "to do" file for sure. Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun fashionable project......have a fab weekend Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the stuff you do with leather. You are always inspiring:> You should link this up today. I started a linky party:>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool bags!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuuuuuuuuuuute....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm, I loooooove this! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I mean I'm a sucker for leather and simple. I've been looking for a good hole puncher! Do you like this guy?! I totally trust your judgment :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, anne! i love almost anything made with leather. these clutches are amazing. thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!