Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, May 23, 2011

Project Re-Style # 21 Hot pink Skirt into dress.

Happy Monday Everyone. 
If you are just joining in on my blog, Hi!!   I am Anne, Welcome!  I hope you stay and look around. This is Project Re-Style Day! I am doing a Re-Style project every Monday for one year. That is right, 
  52 NEW articles of clothing from something old that was just sitting in my closet waiting to be born again. 
All the details on Project Re-style will be at the end of this post.
This is Re-Style #21.
Wow, the weeks are going by me in warp speed. Today's Re-Style is super easy, and not only did I Re-Style it into a new dress, but, I can wear it as a skirt still.   The reason for the double duty on this Re-Style is because this skirt has become to large for me and I thought if I put elastic around the band, then not only would it make my skirt fit, but I would have a new dress as well. 
Let me show you how easy it was..

Tutorial
Things You Need
1. Sewing Machine
2.One Inch Elastic
3. Thread the same color as your garment.
4. 2 large safety pins
5. Scissors

 1 Measure under your arms . Cut the  elastic 1 to 4 inches shorter than measurement 

2. Turn your skirt inside out, and stitch a one inch wide seam all the way around the top of the skirt.~  This is the casing for your elastic. My skirt had a built in slip and also  a zipper that I wanted to keep, so I started stitching from the zipper around to where the other side of the zipper was. It was just easier than taking the zipper out.

 3. Cut a little one inch slit at the beginning of the zipper
 4. I put a large safety pin at the end of my elastic and threaded my elastic through the space, all the way around until I came out the other end.
5. Then I safety pinned the elastic on each side and tried my dress on to see if it fit. If you cut the elastic to short this is where you can fix that.
6 once everything fits perfectly, stitch a straight stitch to anchor the elastic on both ends, and with that you are done.




Skirt and dress all in one.
I guess that is a double Re-Style.

21 down 31 to go

Have a wonderful Monday Everyone!
As always, if you have any questions, please Email me at, Wobisobi@gmail.com
<3
Anne

Linking to

12 comments:

  1. Oh Love it, it looks Great with the belt .:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour and remake!! Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect for hot Florida days! Or the two weeks of warm weather we get in Seattle :D

    Happy Monday!
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! cute! cute!!!! love how bright it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm think i may need one of these now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that is a very cool idea! I have a few skirts where the elastic is too big, too. Sweet!

    happilygoing.blogspot.com {feel free to visit!!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous skirt / dress! I like the 'sneak peek' you included too! :)

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! I'm loving your restyles!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!

    I would love if you came and linked your restyling projects to my clothes upcycling page too. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 80 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – I'm trying to build a resource where people can come to for ideas on upcycling their clothes.
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it both ways. What an awesome colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the skirt too, but this dress is really cute and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm getting caught up on all of your posts now. Thank you as always for the wonderful comments. :)
    I absolutely love this project. I've always thought about wearing one of those skirts as dresses, but never tried it out. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cute!!! Where'd you get the skirt/dress? I think I have the exact same one that's teal-colored. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!