Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Glitter and Glue Shoe Fix #2

These are my favorite flats, and you can tell because I have literally worn them out.  Because I am not quite ready to toss them away, I had to fix them. What better way to hide scuffed up leather? 
  Glitter and glue, of course!





Tutorial
Things you need

  1. Glitter
  2. Glue
  3. Paper Plate
  4. Paint brush



 First clean your shoes

Mix up a paste with your glitter and glue.

 apply to the part you want to cover

 sprinkle on some more glitter and let dry,
then shake off all the extra glitter.

coat with one final thin layer of glue.
and let that dry.




and now you have a new pair of shoes,
~ well kind of~
Another great way to fix your shoes with glitter is HERE .
Glitter  just  makes everything better.
Lots of <3!!!
Anne

17 comments:

  1. BRILLANT! They look great and were definitely worth saving! Hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. these look so cute. I'm still not ready to dive into glitter yet...it gets everywhere!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I freaking love these & I just got rid of my beloved JS flats that were worn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! i love it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously fantastic way to refresh your shoes! Great diy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...also, I love the color glitter you chose. perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!! Hey Anne I am starting a new theme on my blog for 2012. It will be a year of completely homemade things. I am having a linky party going throughout the year too. You have some amazing refashion ideas and I'd love for you to link up. I will need all the inspiration I can get this year if I plan on making or refashioning all my clothes in 2012:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/p/my-homemade-year-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea especially for little girls shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what happens when it rains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then seem fine, I have worn them in wet weather and nothing has happened.
      Great question!

      Delete
  10. SO COOL! But DAMN, wish I had seen this before I threw out some shoes that I loved, but were torn to shreds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, what type of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. On your final step, do you use the glitter/glue combo or just the glue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put just a final layer of glue as my last step:)

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!