Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, January 3, 2011

Project Re-Style #1

So. I have joined a group called Project Re-Style.  Every Week for a year they want you to re-purpose or Re-Style  something old, that you no longer use, and make it new again.  This is my first Re-Style.  I have been wanting a sweater vest for about 3 years now,  and I  could never find one I liked.  I finally  said the heck with it.  But last night in bed , right before I fell asleep I thought,  " What the heck, I could make a vest super easy out of an old sweater."  I  Was so excited about how it turned out.  It looks exactly how I envisioned it.
I Have Posted this on The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday.  Post your Frugal crafts HERE and join in on the Fun.






Before

AFTER


Tutorial

Start with an old Sweater.  I have had this for about 4 years.

Carefully cut the sleeves off.  If you cut after the two pieces meet, it looks neater.

I cut the ends of the sleeves off to make the flowers.

I folded each sleeve cap different to make two different flowers.

One was sewn on the fold.


the other I flipped and sewed it on the other side.



One makes a double flower, one a single flower





Sew to sweater, anywhere you like.

You could add as many flowers  as you like.  I like the look of two flowers.


I found two neutral buttons.

And sewed them in as the flowers center.

All Done and SOOOOOOOOO Easy.






Yeah!  A new sweater vest for FREE to add to my wardrobe.

If you have any questions, just ask away.
Happy Re- Styling!

1 Down 51 to go.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this! So easy peasy! May have to do my own little version of this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great idea and so easy! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oOoOoOh! This look sos great. How neat did you get the arm sleeves? It looks super-neat in the picture but I wondered if you tucked any bits in?

    I've got some v-neck sweaters that I could do this with. I love it with the tie.

    A big gold star for you!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very creative. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so awesome! I have a grey sweater that I don't wear, and I just might try this.

    After you cut off the sleeves, did you sew the ends to make it look cleaner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! I have pinned it to my Clothes to make board on pinterest!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you sew the sleeves - or rather, where the sleeves used to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no sewing, I just cut along where the seam was.

      Delete
  8. i love this and i can wait to try it out plus it looks perfect with the tie

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!