Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, January 17, 2011

Project Re-Style #3


 This is my third Project for  Project Re-Style.  I am going to try and do one project every Monday.
Here are the details.


 One Morning, about three months ago, I reached for my pearl necklace to wear. Once I had it in my hand, I started to hook it around my neck, and one of the strands broke and pearls went everywhere on the floor in my living room.  I thought nooooooooo!, my favorite necklace.  Then I scrambled to find all the pearls, place them in a zip lock bag,  and I lovingly set them in my room. I had no clue how I was going to fix this. Well then, Style -Remix came along and I did some research on pearl necklaces and I came up with a plan. 

I found this beautiful pearl and ribbon necklace and I started to look for stuff around my house.  I did not have any black ribbon so I purchased  some sheer black ribbon,  on sale for $1.00 and some Velvet ribbon for about $2.50.   I Grabbed my waxed thread and a needle and made this.




And Here Is the Tutorial

I cut the lower strand  of Pearls off my necklace and added them to the others in the zip- lock bag .


 I still have the original necklace, it is just a little smaller and I really kind of  like it this way.

 Things you will need.


1.  Sheer Ribbon of your choice about 3/4 of an inch wide or bigger if your pearls are bigger.
2. Velvet ribbon about 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide.  However big you want it, to tie the necklace  together in the back.
3. Wax thread.
4. Needle.
5. Pearls.




Cut your ribbon into 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch  lengths.
Thread your needle


Then


Tie your thread at the bottom.
Make sure you tie a knot with a loop like this in the picture above, so you have something to tie your velvet ribbon to.



Thread on a pearl.


Then thread on your ribbon like this.

Repeat these two steps until you get to the length you want. Then Tie off  the end with the same kind of loop knot.
Cut two strips of Velvet Ribbon about 14 inches long.

Tie one end of the velvet ribbon to one of the loops. Do the same with the other velvet ribbon to the other side.

All Done!! You did it.


I Hope you all have fun doing this.
3 down 49 to go.


Happy Re-Styling Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. really nice!!!
    i´ll try to do it

    now following you

    kisses

    http://lasrayasnoestilizan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! I love these pearly ribbon necklaces! Yours turned out fabulous -- and now you have two awesome necklaces out of one! perfecto!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute! I have a broken pearl necklace that belonged to my partner's late mother and I'm sure that salvaging it into something new and chic would make a delightful gift for her sister or niece. Thanks for sharing !! Really great job. -diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to find a pearl necklace to break :D This is awesome! You are doing a great job with this ReStyle! The furthest I've gotten with my skirt is moving it from where I took a picture of it to my closet. I should at least take it apart at the seams. Hope you're doing better!

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good and really easy to do :)
    Sweet :D

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!