Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, January 10, 2011

Project Re-Style # 2

Yay!!! My second Re-Style project down . If you are just tuning in,  I am doing one Re-Style project a week for a year.  Click here for details. HERE .  I decided to make a faux fur hoodie vest.  It took me about 3 to 4 hours, and  I did mine over the course of two days.  I used one of G's ( My Son) old Hoodies and transformed it.    This does require a bit of sewing on the sewing machine, but it is just  a straight stitch.  All you have to do is  let your imagination take hold, and you can do almost  anything with this.  Here is the tutorial in Black and White, because it was easier to see that way. Let the transformation begin.


Kind of my inspiration
Thing you will need:
1. Old Hoodie
2. Scissors
3. Pins
4. Sewing Machine
5. About 1 and 1/2 yards of faux fur
(I used a blanket I found on sale cheap.)
6. Thread
7. Imagination



 
Tutorial

Take an old Hoodie, this one the zipper was broken.



Cut off the sleeves.

Cut off the bottom band.


Cut the Zipper off  both ends of the bottom band.

Cut the  Zipper off the front of Hoodie
Hem edge of the bottom band.


Measure where I have marked with a dotted line, for the fur.
Cut the fur about 4 to 5 inches wide, one long strip the length you measured for the above photo.

Pin the fur, RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER, to the edge of the vest, where you cut the zipper off,  all the way around the hood and back down to the other side.  As Marked.
I pulled out this tie (as marked above), because I wanted to reinsert it when I was done, and I did not want to  accidentally sew it into the fur.
Sew along the edge All the way around, as marked.   Take your time this furry stuff  was just a little harder to deal with.
Fold the fur back over to the inside of the garment and pin all the way around.  Then sew where the white dotted line is.
 
 Be careful around the hood not to sew shut the space where the tie goes, if you want to reinsert it.

 

Place the bottom band right sides together back on the bottom of the  garment, Pin and sew where it is marked.
Grab a big safety pin, Pin  it to the tie and reinsert it  back into the hood( if you want to, not necessary) I did.






















All done !
You can iron the seam at the bottom band, to make it lie flat. 
If you have any questions, please email me.




2 down 50 to go 

  I am going to try and do one every Monday.

Have a Great Day Everyone.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing one project per week? I'm hoping to complete my first one by month's end. I'm definitely going to check out your weekly project! Bookmarking for now.

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turned out cute! I want to do a restyle project, but I'm busy wit school and work :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah! i did NOT see this one...friggin' amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!