Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Picture Frame Earring Holder

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I saw this awesome fantastic earring holder my sweet, friend Leah made, and I had to share.. I love this because she used such a big frame, and I so need this for all the jewelry I have been creating. Not to mention it is super easy  and inexpensive to make,
( two of my Favorite things)..

 Things You need
 1.Picture Frame 
2. Screen
3. Staple gun
4. Paint of your choice
5.Sand paper
6.About and hour


 1. Find a great picture frame. Use one from home or buy one from goodwill or salvation army.  I got mine from Salvation Army for 18$  it was huge, but I have tons of earrings!! 
2. Remove the inside parts from the frame.
3. Next I slightly sanded and spray painted the frame to the color I wanted (black). I used Rustoleum spray paint.
4. Let it dry. I waited till the next day.
5. The next day I turned the frame upside down and used the staple gun to staple porch screen that we already had, to the inside edge, trying to keep it taunt. (Would probably be easier with some help to pull the screen.)
6. Trim the edges.
7. Attach your picture hanger of choice. Mine came with a wire that reattached.. You could use wire or a metal bracket type.
8. Next hang in your fav spot!

I also had the idea that you could do a smaller version with a smaller frame that has a leg prop, then you could have it near your dressing area or in a spot that you tend to "throw" your jewelry to help keep it organized.





WOW! isn't  this the most fabulous thing? 
I LOVE how big it is.
I have been wanting one of these to put all my earrings on.
You did such a great job Leah!!
Thank you so much for sending this to me, and letting me share this with everyone.
Happy Saturday Everyone!  
Enjoy Every Minute.

20 comments:

  1. What a COOL idea! All of my earrings are a jumbled mess in a jewelry box. This is such a great idea for organizing...plus it also looks really neat. If I have a walk-in closet in my new house, I think I'm going to do this! I'm in awe of all of the cool things that you make and share on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!!! I'm going to get this done during my long break from work. One project in mind now.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Poison

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool ,I never would of thought about screen,
    I used the plastic stuff,
    http://glowacademy10.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-earring-holder-re-vamped.html
    Love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea! I'm planning to do something similar with my cork board. It's pretty small, so this is a good idea for the rest of my earrings. Thanks for sharing!
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GREAT! I used a bulletin board to do something similar. Used really cool thumbtacks to keep my necklaces on and small straight pins with colorful ball to hang earrings from. This is so cute and it helps to actually SEE everything that you have, no? ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks dear.You are always so kind and artful.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea! I did something semi-similar to this using a bulletin board and push pins for my necklaces, but I hadn't thought of this for my earrings. I love it! Thanks for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flor vim deixar a minha marquinha por aqui e claro dar uma futricada no blog né...
    iihihihii
    cheirinho bem grande#

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELP LOL. I have a problem
    Ok I bought a dress form for 30$
    But its an older one on adjustable metal stand, I know How I can repaint the stand BUT
    Ok here is the tricky part
    Do you know of an EASY solution to cover it. It has some rips in it, Right now I have a t-shirt over it
    *Posted on my blog
    But I would really like to cover it.I was thinking duck tape because so many make dress forms with it.
    Then I was thinking turning an old dress wrong side out pinning it and sewing it and sewing up arms.
    But I just dont know :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool. I've seen smaller ones, but never a big one. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great! And I'm half the way through that project since last week! I don't remember where I got the inspiration, but I've painted fuschia two small IKEA frames and I'm waiting for the paint to dry to add the toulle!! How spooky is it that we all had the same idea?! I'll post some pics too! Kisses my new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, I have something like this too. It's so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments Leah did such a great Job..!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! I've been thinking about buying a pushpin corkboard for my earrings, but this is so much more elegant!!

    xox

    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful idea! I absolutely loooove it! I'm def. going frame-thrifting this weekend!

    chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) Here is my e-mail
    renjac1301@embarqmail.com
    i worked on dress form some more , what i did was that is 2 different pillow cases, the top actually went to bottom but i wanted to fold it inside ,so I took my stapler folded it inside and stapled, and actually it was loose in back so i folded it alittl and stapled down making sure it wont snag on clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're gonna fill it up so fast! hehe! beautiful!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, that is so cool! I could totally do this with a smaller frame! Great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that the screen doesn't compete with the beauty of the earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome...I am so making one of these. I've needed something like this for a long time now. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!