Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Valentine's Day, Felt Envelopes:DIY


 This year I really wanted to make some handmade Valentine's Day things for all my family and friends. The only thing I was worried about was not having enough time to do them. Well, I fell sick with the Flu on Saturday and I have had nothing but time.
These cute little Envelopes and Hearts I have been making have made my sickness bearable.  The Idea came from some felt envelopes I saw at Target and also on Pinterest. I can't think of anything more special than a handmade Valentines Gift. I was so Happy I could do that this year. Oh, and I am on Day 3 of the flu, I am hopeful  tomorrow I will be at least 75% better.
XXOO
 Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.
I am Sending you all lots of Love!
Anne




Things You Need
  • Heavy Weight Felt (Tan or White)
  • Light Weight Felt (Pink Red, Light Pink)
  • Scissors
  • Embroidery Needle
  • Embroidery Thread



  •  Cut the felt to the size you would like:
  •  This envelope will be 5 inches wide and 12 inches long
  •  Fold in half and cut the top at an angle

  •  Fold the Envelope

  •  Make a running stitch all around the edge of the envelope



  •  Flip the Envelope over

  • Continue the running stitch all the way around the top of the Envelope
  •  Out of a small piece of red and pink felt cut out two hearts.
  • Make one slightly larger the the other.
  • Stitch them together.


  • Stitch the heart to the point of the envelope



  • With some of the embroidery thread make a small loop.
  • This with go around the heart and seal the envelope






Now you can fill them with some candy and or a little note and give them  to your favorite peeps.




6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda, I want to make little Envelopes for everything now.:))

      Delete
  3. These are so cute!! Thanks for the tutorial. I can see using these cute envelopes for gift cards as well. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift cards would be so perfect. Thank you JohannaXXOO

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!