Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Seeing Spots. Polka Dot Jeans, DIY

I know you have been seeing the ever growing trend of Polka dot jeans.
 I love the way they look, so I thought that I might try my hand at making a pair.
I LOVE how they turned out.
 Now I just have to refrain from putting dots on everything I have.



Inspiration



Tutorial
 Things you need

  1. Jeans
  2. Fabric paint* I used metallic silver
  3. Round cap or I used a candle* I always look for things around the house to use*
  4. Paper plate
  5. Small paint brush
 Pour the paint on to your plate and practice a few times on a paper towel with your candle.

Dip the end of your candle into the paint and the start dotting your jeans



work your way down one side,
And then the other.

I took a small brush and filled in the dots that needed some extra love.
You have to let the front side of your jeans dry completely before you do the back side,
 mine took about 8 hours to dry

All Dry?
Then repeat on the back side

let dry over night.
Wait 48 hours before you wash and hang dry.

And now you have your very own pair of polka dot pants.



Why did I pick these jeans to re-style? 
Because these jeans had a small wearing hole in them.
 I turned the jeans inside out put fabric glue on them,
 then turned them right side out covered the flaw  with a polka dot,
 and now you can't even see it.

Happy Tuesday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

23 comments:

  1. Lovely dots! I am going to buy a fabric paint to do the same Preferably in a t-shirt!
    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy you are super!!! ı like it:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the picture of the white ones with black polka dots i may need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I am so going to do this. I have been wanting a pair of polka dot denims! They turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Super easy I am thinking that I might do white jeans with black dots<3

      Delete
  5. I am headed to my closet right now! This is just great!!!
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.HeatherlyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super clever, friend! I would never think to do that in a million years. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever!!! And nice :)

    xx

    Marga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes too! Did you restyle those too or are they bought?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes are bought, they are Antonio Melani and thank you so much:)

      Delete
  9. They're really cool! Hmmm I might have to restyle an old pair of shoes .., ha!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sense of style is fantastic. I anticipate what you will design next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I will definitely try this out!
    Thank you<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is AMAZING. I've been wanting polka-dot jeans but don't need any new jeans...I'll see if I have a pair I can do this to!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!