Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, May 30, 2011

Project Re-Style #22 Scalloped Shorts

Happy Monday everyone, and welcome to Project Re-Style #22. 
I hope you are all having  a wonderful, Holiday weekend. My Schedule for the next two weeks is going to be  a little crazy, because I am working a little more at my second job,  plus, my precious daughter, is about to Graduate from High school.
:) and :(  at the same time.
Wow! where does the time go.?
If you are just joining me on my project Re-Style journey  then, WELCOME,!  I am doing one re-style project every Monday for 52 weeks,  that's right, one solid year of Re-Styling . This is week 22, which means I have 22, new pieces, added to my wardrobe, for free 
All of the details for project Re-style, will be at the end of this post.
This week's restyle was inspired by a late night,  no sleeping, search fest, on the internet, and my daughter and I talking about how great the 1940's clothes were.

Scalloped Shorts.

Inspiration





 This was a really, really easy DYI.  I think the hardest thing was deciding how short I wanted them to be.  
You don't want them too long, or they look funny, and too short,~ well hoochee mama is not for me.. You could also do  this with a pair of old jeans.


Tutorial
Things you need
1. Pair of pants or capri's that you don't want anymore.
2. Scissors
3. Drinking Glass 
4. Chalk or Marker 


  Try on your pants and Measure how short you want them. Mark with chalk, Now Fold your pants in half smooth them out and cut a straight line where you measured.

Take your glass and trace it along the bottom of your pants, then cut out carefully. You could stitch a round the edge with a sewing machine  using  a decorative stitch,which is what I think I am going to do, or you could leave as is, depending on the material of your pants.
And ......



Just a few ways I might style these.:) I couldn't help myself, I had to do it.

 now, you are done, and you have a new pair of dressier shorts for summer.
I just wanted to thank everyone for all your well wishes. I truly appreciate each one of you, and all your wonderful comments. Thank you, for always being so supportive and kind. I haven't had a chance to respond your your emails, but I will,  I promise.

 22 down 30 to go.
Have a wonderful Monday off everyone!!   
I can not believe it is Summer time! 
I love having my children home for summer.
Yay!!! Summer!
<3
Anne

Linking to









13 comments:

  1. You are so clever. Love these scalloped shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you got bitten by the "short pants bug" :). They look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH HY GOSH, I Loooooooooooooooooooooove it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I never wear shorts, but you can rock them dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scalloped shorts are fabulous! What a wonderful idea - I haven't seen that before - but think I might give it a go!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are really cute! i think i will have to add this project to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really trendy and chic outfit. Great your inspiration.
    Congrats for your son's graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet. Love them!

    Your new header is great too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh you're a genius!!!!! I think I might have told you this before and I'll probably tell you again but really Anne, you are constantly impressing me. BOOKMARKING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute! And how exciting that your daughter is graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are SO pretty!! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hats off to you. I am soooo impressed w/the body of work here. OMG. great ideas! great creativity! great follow through! great discipline! GREAT ACCOMPLISMENTS!!
    Yay!!!! Ima blog stalker. yours is probably one of the most fertile blogs I've come across.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!