Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, May 2, 2011

Project Re-Style #18

Happy Monday Everyone!  
Well, everything seems to be back in order and on track, in my little world. 
Welcome to my  Project Re-Style#18.
If you are just tuning in to my blog, I am doing 52 weeks of Re-Styling  something old, into something new.  
All the details will be at the end of this post. 
This week, because it is the first week in May, I thought I would do a whole week on fun, beach attire and accessories. To start this week out,  I made  a fun Summery,  shirt~ dress,  from 2 scarves.  You could also use this as a swim suit cover up, depending on what kind of scarves you used.
So is everyone ready? 
Well I sure am!

 I did a search  to see if anyone had any different ideas, and I found one. 
Kelly, from the amazing blog, 
made a dress using two scarves last summer. 
Her dress is Here.


Tutorial
Thing You Need 
1.Two Scarves at least 24 inches by 24 inches.
3. Sewing machine.
4. Ribbon 24 inches, cut in half.
5. Scissors.
6. Chalk or Pencil
7. Needle and thread the same color as the material







1. Lie your two scarves down kind of at an angle~
measure you bust line.
(you could lie down and have someone mark it with chalk.) 
I  bought some big safety pins, pinned it, so I could try it on before I sewed it, to see if it fit right.
 Keep in mind, you have to make it big, because it slips over your head and you want it roomy.
2. Mark with chalk the shape  as in the top sketch
3. After you make your marks, and are sure it fits the way you want, stitch where you marked.  
Be careful not to use anything permanent to mark it with, because you are not turning this inside out.
4. Hand stitch your ribbon to the sleeveless side.
and try on. 
And  that is it..
And 
It is reversible,
one day you might feel Blue the other day Tan.
Today I felt Tan.


Now~ lets   start adding different things,
like shoes, a belt- pants rolled up and down. 


And we begin: 
no shoes, no belt, no purse.


Flats~ pants  rolled down
 flats , belt, purse, with pants rolled up.


Heels, no belt, pants rolled down.
 Heels, belt, and purse.

 and heels with pants rolled up.
I think it is so much fun to see how many looks you can get out of one  outfit,
Don't you?
Skinny Jeans and White tank~ Target 
 Necklace~ I made
Belt~ Gifted from E
Purse ~Nine West
Shoes~ Jessica Simpson Sky High Heels.
I think I am 6 feet with these bad boys on..

18 down 34 to go!
Click the picture for
details on how you can
become part of  
Project Re-Style.
I can't wait to see you tomorrow, for some more of
Beach Week!
<3
Anne

19 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!! I love making new stuff out of something old. Your dress/top out of scarves is just amazing!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours together. Looks like great minds think alike...I just did a scarf to top tutorial too! Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo pretty!! I love it! Looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne thats Pretty I looove it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award!

    Check it out here http://www.stylemesteph.com/2011/05/lovely-ones.html

    KIsses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super good idea, I need two tissues inmediately!.Hugs yoana

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhh love it with the belt and pants!!!!!! <3 soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Anne this is gorgeous! What a great summer look! You look beautiful!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, fabulous as always! It's definitely beach weather here in San Diego. In the 80's and I'm loving it! Too bad I have to work instead of go to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is this word "beach" of which you speak? Is it related to "spring" or "sun" or some other make believe noun? Oh yeah, Florida gets real springs and summers, huh?

    I LOVE this! What a great cover up. Is a "swim suit" another one of those funny words we Seattleites don't understand? :D
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius!
    Absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely comment.My e-mail is now available on my profil.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are totally rocking this scarf look! Love all the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "It's good to be Queen"! HAHAHAHAHAHA Love it!!!

    Love this idea.. I'm totally going to be on the look out for scarves next time I'm out thrifting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this DYI! PERFECT! I love love love this "top".

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks great! and so simple! :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg this is so awesome, btw I love all your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!