Happy Monday Everyone.
If you are just joining in on my blog, Hi!! I am Anne, Welcome! I hope you stay and look around. This is Project Re-Style Day! I am doing a Re-Style project every Monday for one year. That is right,
52 NEW articles of clothing from something old that was just sitting in my closet waiting to be born again.
All the details on Project Re-style will be at the end of this post.
This is Re-Style #21.
Wow, the weeks are going by me in warp speed. Today's Re-Style is super easy, and not only did I Re-Style it into a new dress, but, I can wear it as a skirt still. The reason for the double duty on this Re-Style is because this skirt has become to large for me and I thought if I put elastic around the band, then not only would it make my skirt fit, but I would have a new dress as well.
Let me show you how easy it was..
Things You Need
1. Sewing Machine
2.One Inch Elastic
3. Thread the same color as your garment.
4. 2 large safety pins
1 Measure under your arms . Cut the elastic 1 to 4 inches shorter than measurement
2. Turn your skirt inside out, and stitch a one inch wide seam all the way around the top of the skirt.~ This is the casing for your elastic. My skirt had a built in slip and also a zipper that I wanted to keep, so I started stitching from the zipper around to where the other side of the zipper was. It was just easier than taking the zipper out.
3. Cut a little one inch slit at the beginning of the zipper
4. I put a large safety pin at the end of my elastic and threaded my elastic through the space, all the way around until I came out the other end.
5. Then I safety pinned the elastic on each side and tried my dress on to see if it fit. If you cut the elastic to short this is where you can fix that.
6 once everything fits perfectly, stitch a straight stitch to anchor the elastic on both ends, and with that you are done.
Skirt and dress all in one.
I guess that is a double Re-Style.
21 down 31 to go
Have a wonderful Monday Everyone!
As always, if you have any questions, please Email me at, Wobisobi@gmail.com