Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steampunk







Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Steampunk involves a setting where steam power is still widely used—usually the Victorian era Britain—that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne. (Wikipedia)

I made this brooch the other day out some of the leftovers from some of the pieces I have been working on.  When I showed it to H to get her opinion, she looked at me with a quizzical brow and said" Wow, that is very Steampunk."  Not knowing really what that meant, I asked her to explain. She in turn said, "Let's just say,  Victorian meets Starwars." I immediately  went to my computer and looked this up.  This style has been since the 80's,  but I never new it was called that.  I love the whimsey and the industrial feel it has.  Reminds me of  Tomorrow-land at Walt Disney World.
No wonder I love it.
For those of you not familiar with this term either, here are some other examples.


 Via

 Via







I love discovering new things.
<3
Anne

6 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUUUUUPER COOL POST!!! Love the pin you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! awesome stuff , I love the steampunk stuff , in fact Im getting ready to make some stuff for my band , so thanks for inspiring me . : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are always using the leftovers and making something cool :).

    Moe

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!