Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red Shirt Re-Do

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
I was off today which enabled me to work on a few things that I have been putting off.   To start with, my Son had this beautiful Red Polo Shirt, that he had out grown and I re-made it into a peek a boo shoulder, shirt.  Perfect for the Fourth of July.  This was not super easy , but it wasn't super hard either. Everything went relatively  smoothly, after I figured out how I wanted to re-size it.





Tutorial
Things you need
1. Old shirt, not to big
2. Sewing machine
3. Scissors
4. Thread same color as your shirt
5. Large Safety Pins
6.Chalk






1. I cut out two triangles at the shoulder, once you cut one, use that as a template  for the other side. Be careful not to cut it too big.

2. Turn your shirt inside out .Grab one of the shirts  that fits you perfect. Lay that on top of your shirt and mark with chalk.

3. Pin your shirt with safety pins,  Turn your shirt to the back, see the pleat going down the middle? I pinned that down on both sides. Then try it  on to see how it fits.  If everything fits well, sew where you pinned,  I also stitched around where I cut the triangles out to keep it from fraying.

4. Roll up the sleeves and pin them or stitch them.
5. I also hemmed just the back, to make it shorter that the front.








Two more days until the long weekend!
<3
Anne


11 comments:

  1. Oh yeah long weekend!! Love this & the colour is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuute
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek GIRL Is that an OWL :(
    eeeeeeeeeeeek I want lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a shirt like this, looks really sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I love this and may have to try some of your tailoring techniques on my own blouses! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always fantastic. I just love your style. You make me want to get all dolled up too. Love this refashion:>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm - hello sexy!! This came out great!! Thanks for supporting me at Saturday Social!

    xoxo

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting style of shirt! I've never seen one like this before! Another great refashion!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, you're the BEST!!! i was looking for a tutorial on this and of course you would do one for me :). yay!!! time to chop of my bf's old denim shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this stule shirt was out in the 80's i still have pictures of me wearing mine from high shool.. looks great. you did great bringing it back

    ReplyDelete
  10. jesusfreak_35810@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!