Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Skin.

Even though everyone has heard this 1,000  times , I needed a quick refresher.


The Top Five Ways to Combat Dry Skin This Winter


By: PurpleInk     18-Oct-2010                                                                                                    
Introduction:
The combination of low humidity and cold weather means many people suffer from dry skin in the winter. Here are some tips that can help. 

1.    Ditch the Hot Shower
A hot shower feels oh so good on a cold day, but the hot water will dry your skin even more. Tepid water is best.

2.    Get Out of the Ivory Habit
Soap will dry your skin. If you must use it, try Dove, which is actually more of a cold cream in soap form. Or use shower gels or cleansing creams. Buy them at the grocery store, not the specialty shops, as this will save money.

3.    Capture the Moisture
Don't dry your skin completely when you're done. Instead, pat it dry and then apply one of the heavier moisturizers like Eucerin or Lubriderm. These creams help trap the moisture, and they smell good too!

4.    Cotton and Silk Are Oh So Sweet
Man-made fabrics might help keep the cold out, but natural ones like silk and cotton allow your skin to breathe. The healthier your skin is, the better you will feel.

5.    Use Sunscreen In Winter, Too
Some people put the sunscreen away in the winter months, but that's not a good idea. Your skin still needs protection from the sun and protecting it will help keep it from drying out. http://www.listmyfive.com/7cb3ca7a/The-Top-Five-Ways-to-Combat-Dry-Skin-This-Winter

Dove soap has always been the best soap. I have tried to change but  I have always come back to it.
 I also keep this..


in the shower and put it on before I dry off.  I like it because there is not really a smell to it and  if you want to where perfume it does not interfere. If anyone else has any great suggestions, I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! My skin is miserable this time of year, but I'm really bad at ignoring #1 and #2. I use Korres body butter (available at Sephora) and it's a skin saver in the winter!

    PS - Loving everything about WobiSobi :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!