Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, December 20, 2010

Scarf Tying Remix

Ok, so after I found the cute scarf tying video, I kind of  experimented a little.   Here are a couple ways  to tie a scarf  and  a scarf remix .   I am sure these have been done before. I was just bored of wearing my scarf the same old way. Enjoy!

 Here is the one from yesterday and I am just going to add some things to it.


First you fold the scarf in half and place it around your neck, then put one of the ends through it.I bring the loop end down a little bit so I have room to weave it through.


Then I weave the other one . Kind of like a basket weave, one is over under, the other is under over.



Then I take the loop end and twist it.


I take the farthest end from the loop and pull it through.
I pull it through snug, but not to tight.



Then I twist the loop again

Then I pull the  other end through.


Voilà

It looks kind of like a braid, and I am not sure if this will work with a thicker scarf.  You need a scarf that is pretty long and not to bulky. 

This one I saw  on a tutorial.  It kind of looks like a bow.









If any of you have any new ways to tie scarves, I would love to see them.

7 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed how creative you could get with a scarf! I usually tie it one of two ways so I will have to try a few of these to mix things up a bit ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post! I have been doing my scarves the first way (with just the first part woven) this winter and I love the look! I've seen scarves tied just straight-up in bows before, but I'm not sure how warm that would actually be... hmm, might have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeeeeeeeeee, cuuuuuuute

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEEEEE I did a pinkish and black scarf like your top one and I Looooooooooooooooove it ty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeeeeeeeeee, I seen these on a site thought you may like them
    http://laupre.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/tutorial-easy-buttoned-legwarmers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I did it this way today, so thanks!
    I'm on Pinterest and I have a board all about scarves (and pareo's). Maybe something for you, to be inspired with? Here it is:
    http://pinterest.com/tantetruusje/scarves-and-pareo-s/

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!