Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, December 10, 2012

Leather and Chain Bracelet, DIY



Inspiration,
This one is Vintage Chanel
$958.00


 Tutorial
Things you need.
  1. Leather Scrap from Hobby Lobby
  2. Ruler
  3. Chain *Wal-mart
  4. Pliers *Wal-mart
  5. Leather hole punch *Michaels
  6. Scissors
  7.  X-acto Knife  *Wal-mart
  8. Studs *Hobby Lobby
  9. 2 jump rings *Wal-mart
  10. Clasp  *Wal-mart

 Use your pliers and make your chain about 7 1/2 inches long.

 Cut a strip of leather about 3/4 of a inch wide and about 9 inches long.

 Weave the leather through your chain.



Take the end and fold it over the last chain link.


Use your hole punch and punch a hole through both pieces of leather.


Place the stud through the hole.


Put the back on the stud. 
Use a small hammer or a rubber mallet to secure it.
Trim excess leather.
Do that to the other side as well.

Now add your jump rings and your clasp.




Great gifts for Christmas.
Cost was about $3.00.
Have a wonderful Monday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

8 comments:

  1. Love this bracelet. I keep telling my readers that leather punches are really quite cheap (esp with a coupon!). The photo you have pictured as the inspiration is a Forever21 bracelet which I actually like better than the Chanel! I posted two of your finished bracelets on my blog with a link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I put the wrong picture in, thank you so much for letting me know:) it is changed now.

      Delete
  2. One of my readers thought this would make a good collar or necklace. I like the necklace idea but would the chain and leather lay flat(ish)or twist on itself exposing the back side. Hmmm... love DIYs that can become something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool DIY tutorial! It looks exactly like the original. I don't get why anyone would spend close to a thousand dollars on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! I really love mixing leather into things, trying this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!