Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, July 4, 2011

Project Re-Style #26 Denim Vest

Well wonderful friends, I have made it to the half way point of my Project Re-Style challenge. Twenty six Re-Styles down, 26 to go.
WOW! I cannot believe it.
Thank you all for sharing this journey with me,  and if you are just joining in on the fun,  I do a Re-Style project every Monday.  As always, all the details about Project Re-Style will be at the end of this post.
.
Today's Re-Style  is a Denim fringe vest. 
I had so much denim left over that I really needed to think of something to do with it.

 Inspiration

HERE

Tutorial
Things you need
1. Denim jeans
2. Sewing Machine
3. Scissors
4. Old vest or a vest pattern
5. Ribbon or rope
6. Chalk

 Take your vest and trace out the sections on  your denim jeans with chalk,
then cut them out.

 stitch your pieces together.
 I also stitched extra stitches around the edges of the vest.
 I cut out  15 circles with some extra denim,
folded them into triangles and stitched them to one side of the vest.


 I made a button hole and added some ribbon to tie it together.


 Cut fringe all the way around the bottom.



And with that, you are done. 
You could also take an old denim jacket or vest and do the same thing.

26 down 26 to go
Click on the picture for all the details about 
Project Re-Style.
I hope everyone in the States had a wonderful Fourth of July.

<3
Anne
Linking to

15 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGAAAAAAAAAAAWD

    OHOH I LOOOOOOOOVE this, ok you out did yourself Anne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ruffle makes the vest! I think it's so cute and sassy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You could be a fashion designer you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should put a capsule collection together. you have got impressive skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop it!! I can not believe you made a flippin vest out of pants! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fab vest! it's incredible coming from old jeans.
    XX. Yoana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which parts of the jeans did you use for each piece of the vest? I LOVE this vest, by the way!!! Can't wait to make!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the leg part for this project. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  8. I just finished one similar... no fringe... sewed a long strip of fabric across the bottom of the vest which doubled as a tie closure (instead of ribbon)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I love this style... Can't wait to make (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 16 yr old daughter <3's this and we have been up-cycling pants, shorts and capris into skirts for her as she has decided to go back to wearing skirts all the time. We saw this idea and couldn't wait to try it. We have lots of jeans to choice from. She made the pattern and the vest by herself. This is the first project she has completed herself. Most of the time, she says Mom (or Dad) I can't do this. Will you finish it?!? She is using 2 different sized circles to make the flowers but she is almost finished. I have no doubt we will be making more of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love this!!! Thank you so much for sending me this comment. Tell her I would love to see a picture and I will post it on my blog:)

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!