Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Clutch

Morning Everyone!
I  got this book purse idea from Kate, at the Wonderful Blog  
You definitely need to check out her Blog it  is truly amazing.  

Mine is just a little different, as I did not cut my purse apart, I just glued it to the inside of the book..Mine is also a little thinner, but my phone fit, so hey it's all good!
 So let's see how it all went together.   

Thanks Kate for such a great Idea!!!

Tutorial:


Things you need!
1. A Old Book
2. An Old Clutch Purse, or  a cheap one . I used one with the push release clasp. I think an old Leather book would work great.  I had one but I could not tear it up:( .   It did take me a while to find the right fit.  But when I was cleaning out G's room I found  these German books he got from school, one just happen to fit the purse I had.  LUCKY ME!!!!!!
3. Scissors
4. Gorilla Glue


First you want to carefully cut out the middle.




Place your glue on the book then place your purse on the glue.



Glue the top side of your purse.

 Close the book, adjust to make straight..


Place something heavy on the book, 
let it sit overnight..


And in the morning you have this lovely addition to your evening attire.

I LOVE IT!  
I am Going to wear it Out this weekend

If any of you make one, I want to see:)

Clothes post a little later today!
Happy Wednesday!!

5 comments:

  1. We must be totally on the same wave length! I just bought a paper mache book to paint it and make it into a purse. But love, love, love your version!!! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so so cool!
    I think is an amazing project.
    An other smart idea from you Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how fun is this??? i think i will have to try this! now to find a book??

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    tweet: @rockoomph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea! I have one of those clutch wallets I could use, but I'm not sure if I could part with any of my old books :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!