Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Shoe Fix, Chain Strap, DIY

Well, here we go again.
I had to save another  pair of heels from the trash can.
Dilemma
Broken Strap
These shoes first started out as a stand in for  a video I did, HERE.  
 I wasn't sure if I could save them. I have admired  different chain strap heels  for some time now,
and I  thought to myself "what do I have to loose, I can't wear them anyway,"
Messing them up wouldn't matter. 
New shoes were born.



Inspiration




Tutorial
Things you need


  1. Old Shoe :(
  2. Glue (Mod Podge)
  3. Glitter
  4. Brush
  5. Plate, For glue
  6. Chain(Michaels)
  7. Clasp (Michaels)
  8. Jump rings (Michaels)  two round ones ( not shown)~ two square ones
  9. Pliers
  10. Tape ~Painters tape 
  11. Leather hole punch~ not shown

Poor Shoe
 Cut
Punch a hole


 add your square jump rings


Get your two round jump rings
Measure the length of chain you want.
This took me several tries to get it just right.
Lay your chain out
Make each chain just slightly longer.
Then add the chain to your round jump rings.


 connect your round jump rings to one side of your clasp

 Then connect that round jump rings to the inside of the shoe



  you want the clasp on the outside of your shoe



I tried my shoes on several times and adjusted the chain to my ankle.
Don't get frustrated, this part may take about an hour.


done with that?
Now lets make them sparkle

 Tape off
* Glue and Glitter Steps*
 Add glue,
then Glitter ~let dry~
more glue and glitter ~let dry~
than a coat of glue to seal it.

 Almost done
 Now I wanted a sliver stripe
Tape off and repeat the *glue, glitter steps* from above
When dry~ Brush excess glitter with a clean brush.
Peel off tape.

Done
Hello New Shoes:)


So many options when  saving your shoes. 
"If you can dream it, you can do it!"
 Didn't Walt Disney say that?.
I love Walt Disney!
He is my all time Dreaming Icon!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Lots of <3,
Anne

10 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Tres Chic! Love this idea. Also, I noticed that one of your projects is being featured over at Plaid...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!! They shoes suddenly gained 5 glamour points!!! Love the chain! Great job, Anne! xox

    -Wynn
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally genius...I am sooooooo pinnin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorbz shoes, but they kind of remind me of pencils XD black tip, white section, then kind of a tan-ish color... haha but still amazing tutorial, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your feet are way too cute to be placed in the type of shoes that will make even the smallest foot look like a size 10

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!