Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, December 17, 2018

The Twelve Days of Christmas of Christmas Crafting: Day 9, Felted Polka Dot Sweater.





 Day 9, Of my Twelve days of  Christmas Crafting. I really wanted to do a Christmas Fashion DIY  in one of these  projects.  I have seen so many cute Retro Polka Dots this Holiday Season I thought it would look wonderful on a sweater. Felting is always an  awesome way to get that look store bought look . It is also pretty easy to accomplish and does not take that much time. I did this sweater in about an hour.
All you need is a few felting supplies.( I found all of mine at Hobby Lobby)
Do not waist your time looking at Michael's they have nothing there for felting.
This Sweater turned out just as I imagined, and I love it so much I was thinking of polka dot felting everything. I think a polka dot tea towel would be awesome for my kitchen.
 Enjoy




Things You Need

  • Sweater
  • Felting needles
  • Felting Foam 
  • Felting wool, (colors of your choice.)
  • Design

  •  Draw out a pattern  in the colors you want.


  • Tear off a small  piece of felt 
  • Pull it apart and make it very thin.

  •  Shape into a small circle


  •  Using the felting needles punch the felt through the sweater.
  • Keep working into the middle and pushing the felt through until you get the desired effect.



  • This round felting needle was perfect for these circles
  • There are several needles that form a circle. 
  • I ran my finger over it when I was done to make the felt look even.



  •  Keep working down the sweater  with each dot, alternating colors, until you are done.


  • Hand Wash in Cold Water
  • No Dryer

This Kind of DIY is my Favorite kind
Wearable, Recycle and Fun.
 For the video
Click HERE

Love to you all!
XXOO
Anne

1 comment:

  1. So adorable, thanks for sharing! Wishing you and your family very happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!