Have you ever looked for something that you have envisioned in your mind and come up with nothing? I have been looking everywhere for some leather chokers that fit my style and personality and after about 3 days of searching and finding nothing I decided to create my own choker.
These are exactly what I had pictured in my mind.
I have gotten so many comments about these chokers that I decided to create a tutorial so you can create your very own dainty leather choker yourself.
Things You Need
- Leather cord
- Ribbon crimps
- 3 jump rings
- Head pin
- Chain (about 1 1/2 inches.)
- First you will measure your 3 leather. Strips
- Wrap a piece of leather around your neck to measure.
- Make the piece almost touch in the back.
- Cut two other strips 2 inches longer than your first strip.
- Three strips total.
- Take the short piece of leather and one longer piece and put a ribbon crimp on one end.
- Flip over to the other side and with the shorter piece on top and the longer piece on the bottom place a ribbon crimp on the other side.
- Add a jump ring and a clasp on one side.
- Take the head pin thread it through your bead
- Cut off the end and make a circle using the pliers
- Attach the bead to the chain using a jump ring.
- Attach the chain to the other side of the necklace.
- To finish the ends of the necklace I used a ribbon findings and folded it over the end of the leather.
- I also clamped the two pieces of leather together using the same technique as the ends.
- Or you could just tie them together.
- On this one I cut the strips a little shorter and then tied the two longer strips together.
I am currently working on a video for this choker that will be coming soon.
Have a beautiful day.