Changing a Plain Tee into something different is one of my favorite things to do.
I think why I love experimenting so much with them is because they are accessible, inexpensive and can be transformed into a multitude of different designs.
When I was a young mother and strapped for cash I would think about all of the ways I could have something cute to wear, so I started taking T-shirts and changing them into other things. Fast forward 20 years and here I am still changing them into different things. Maybe this was my destiny who knows. All I know is that I loved doing it then and I still love it.
What is the saying I am always reading? Do what you love, Love what you do.
You could also take this shirt to the next level
and design something on the front like a big heart or a pair of lips.
I think I will save that for another project.
Thank you all for your wonderful support and love.
I do this only for all of you.
Things you need.
- Tee Shirt * I used an XL Mens Tee but I think a large or a medium would have worked fine for my Size. I am 5-7 134 lbs.
- Sewing Machine
- Straight Pins
- Ribbon or Cord
- Big Safety Pin
- Cut a straight line up the middle of the back of the shirt.
- Cut off the collar
- I had a scrap piece of the hem of an older tee shirt that I used for the tie, but a pretty ribbon or cord will work too.
- Fold the edges of the shirt, pin and sew a straight line all the way down making sure to leave a 3/4 of an inch to put your tie through.
- Sew the other side the same
- Attach the ribbon or tie to the safety pin and thread the tie through the channel you sewed. Up one side and down the other.
- * If you want the tie to at the top start threading the tie at the top, if you want the tie to tie at the bottom start threading at the bottom.