Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Polka Dot, Cropped Shirt, DIY.

This season I have seen so many cute, cropped sweatshirts and long sleeve knit shirts.
Here is my quick and easy way to make your own.




 Tutorial
Things you need.

  1. Long sleeve shirt* the one I used was from Wal-mart mens medium, fruit of the loom.
  2. Scissors
  3. Brush
  4. Tulip fabric paint. *The color I used was Platinum metallic.
  5. Paper plate
 I almost always draw my idea, 
just to get an glance at what it will look like.


 Cut off the collar


 I cut  8 1/2 inches off the bottom.


I poured the paint on my plate.
Then I started to paint my dots.* I painted them free hand*
small at the top, working my way down.
I gradually made my dots larger toward the bottom.

 I only painted the front of my shirt.


I  also painted dots down the sleeves.




All finished,
Now I have some more polka dots to add to my wardrobe.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Lots of <3 Anne

14 comments:

  1. That's so cute! What a great way to refashion a men's shirt. :)

    Niki
    http://www.nikis-notebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie, I LOVE IT !! Dots Dots Dots and more Dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. bardzo fajny blog
    świetne posty
    zapraszam do mnie i do obserwowania mojego bloga
    Już w najbliższym czasie konkursik dla osób obserwujących mojego bloga
    http://onlytheoriginalstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love polka dots and such design is also starting to take over in men's fashion line. Dotted tees sort of dominated the runway in one of last year's fashion show. And I must admit that dotted tops for men spell fun and punk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the dots get bigger to the bottom. I have never been one for polka dots, but i'm trying to find a piece to give it a go...maybe I should just make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!!!! xoxo from spain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!!!! xoxo from spain!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and can't wait to try making one. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it may be a dumb question, but won't the dots wash away once you wash the shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not a dumb question. I used fabric paint which does not wash away:)

      Delete
  10. Question:: does the cut parts, like the collar, fray after you wash it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Amber. No they do not fray if you use a knit material. :) \Thank you so much fro your question and have a fantastic day.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thank you so much, I'm going to make mine today.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!