Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fringe Purse DIY

Fringe is something that fascinates me, maybe it is the movement that it make's. When I hold something that has fringe on it, it feels like the piece is  alive. Tassels, I think,  fall into the category of fringe, but  just on  on a slightly smaller scale.  And if you follow me, you  know how much I love Tassels.
I made this clutch after I came across a beautiful Tory Burch clutch on the internet.
Can I DIY this? I Yes I can.






Inspiration
This one cost about $350.00

Tutorial
Things you Need..




1. Leather about 2 pieces, 8inches  by 11inches( one for the clutch base and one for the fringe)
a.front fringe 6 inches by 6 inches
b. 3 strips of 2 inch by 6 inch fringe
c.One more strip 4 inches by 9 inches
d. 2 strips of leather 3/4 of an inch by  11 inches

2.Waxed thread.
3. Leather Needle
4.E6000 glue
5.Leather hole punch
6. Nail
7 Magnetic snaps

 1.Cut your leather pieces.

 A.Main Fringe
B. Front fringe
C. Pocket Fringe
D. Strips, to cover pocket.
 Sew the base clutch,  turn it inside out.


         Glue each fringe (piece A)
 Glue pocket (Piece C)
 Glue on  cover strip D, (this is a finishing piece)
 Punch your Holes
and then sew and x with your wax thread.
This will anchor your 3 pieces.

Add Magnetic snaps
Instructions Here

Glue your decorative fringe (Piece B)
This will cover your magnetic snap.



 and with that you are all done!!
Any questions,?
Please Email me
Wobisobi@gmail.com
I hope you have a Super Fantastic Sunday.

<3

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Anne!! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, well done, it looks BETTER than the original!

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really nice. I make bags, but haven't tackled leather yet. This is just gorgeous. Good Job!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get myself a grommet puncher! I have so many diy leather ideas but not the tools to do them. I'll email you! Also!!! I miss you friend. I'm so sorry I've been so absent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tassly clutch! Brillliant tutorial too! Thanks for linking it up to my Round Tuit party - just exploring the links I missed when I was away!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like your version much, much better. The colors are fantastic. I'm more of a huge bag kind of girl but I kinda wanna make this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, is the clutch you made for sale? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, is the clutch you made for sale? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is for sale.:) Anishka, send me your Email and I will send you the price. if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing DIY,(well all your clutches are beautiful) I think it looks better than the original!
    I do DIYs too, I'd love for you to check them out and tell me what you think.
    http://theinnersoleofcutieboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!