Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Feather Bracelet

I am not sure where I saw this first.  I searched on the internet to try and find one but I had no luck. I have been wanting to create a Feather bracelet for about 2 weeks. Believe it or not, at coffee this week, E gave me this wonderful, stiff,  material that you can make belts out of.  I cut it in half and wrapped it in leather, to make a bracelet base,  then I got a ostrich, feather duster at the store for 5.99 and took some of the feathers and  hot glued it to the leather, and 
I LOVE it.

As always, a visual tutorial at the end of this post, because I love to see things in pictures, and it is also how I learn.



Tutorial

Things you need.

1.Feather duster
2.An old bracelet. I made mine, but and old bracelet would work great: brass or wood.
3.Hot Glue Gun.

 This is what the bracelet base looks like.
I Cut this in half, and wrapped it in leather.





  If you all ready have a bracelet, just take your hot glue gun and hot glue on your feathers.

This is what the clasp looks like.



And you are all done.

 I have a few more ideas 
for the feathers that are left.
just a tad feather crazy
Have a Beautiful Sunday.

13 comments:

  1. That's crazy cool! Kind of looks like Moses' tail :D I didn't get the sewing machine today :( I have an idea for an easy first ReStyle Project. I know, I keep implying that I'll do my first one. This one can be handsewn. I'm gonna try hard this time.

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne. Very ingenious ways to make accessories. I'll following your blog.
    Feel free to check my blog and follow if you wish to.
    Let's leave nice comments on our blogs.
    Thanks

    Poison
    fashionispassionbypoison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. Still considering which bag to get. Well, that's the fun part...contemplating on the purchases..

    Poison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so fun. I am a sucker for feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!!!!! The feather is so fun! A perfect spring accessory! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love feathers! I have a feather ring that I love wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute project. Does it tickle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's such a cool barcelet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because I'm lazy, and am trying to look a bit more glam even when I'm at home, mine would have to do double duty, and dust while I'm wearing it lol. It's got me thinking about all the things that could be used in lieu of feathers. Even something added along the middle of the feather - buttons or some bling.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- what a neat feather bracelet! It's really creative~ well done! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luv it

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!