Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Easy Rope Basket Planter














 Spring is here and my green thumb, that just developed at the age of 50, is  itching to get outside and redo so much on my porch and in my yard. I  was trying to think of a few inexpensive ways to update my plant area.   I have been wanting to do a rope basket like planter and so here is the  ones I came up with. some with little pom pom s and one with just  circle sides.  as i think about it I really want a lid  for two of them so later I will be heading out to go make one.  

I am just starting to get into  a good routine and loving every second of it, 
I haven't been able to say that for  a long time. 
If you are wanting to add a little neutral colors to  your plant area, these are easy, inexpensive   and fun to make. 

Video HERE
Wishing you all the very best day!
XXOO 
Anne




  • Rope
  • Scissors
  • Low Temp Glue Gun and Glue  
  • Pom Pom Trim (Optional)


  •  Start by gluing the end into a circle.
  • Low temp glue doesn't burn your fingers as much as High temp glue does 
  •   Gradually glue around the outside.

  •  Glue around until  the bottom fits the size you want

  •  I measured mine with the pot I wanted to use

  •  Once  the size is reached , start to glue on the top of the rope.
  • Start going up exactly from where the circle began. 

  •  Glue  all the way around until the height you want is reached.

  •  Where you started at the bottom: end the rope there at the top.




  •  Cut the rope at a diagonal 
  • It will be easier to glue down



  •  Glue the end down

  •   Cut two more pieces of rope each about 14 inches long


  •  Make a loop
  •   Glue that to the sides of the basket

  • Or decorate top the edge with some  pom pom trim.
  • Just measure, cut and glue.






Lots of Love
Anne

3 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!