Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Necklace Tee, Repost




When I saw  this shirt on Pinterest HERE
 I knew I wanted to try and recreate it out of a t-shirt.
The shirt below, of course, is a sleeveless shirt and is blue, all I really just wanted to do is the necklace detail across the top.
This DIY almost took a turn for the worst when I cut one too many strips and  thought I would have to scrap it.In the end the shirt worked out pretty much like I wanted it to, maybe even better,
just a little different from the picture below.
The best part of making things yourself is that you can tweak them to fit you.
The top picture of me is the first one I created  and is a little lower than I had expected but with a tank top under it worked out great. I wore this shirt all day and it stayed in place and wore well.
I did one more with not as many strips and it sits just slightly different on the body.
I will put that picture at the end of the post.
So grab you scissors and lets make a fun Tee!

Video HERE
Inspiration
 $100.00 



 Things you need

  •  T-shirt *I use Hanes comfort blend T-shirts( you can buy them at Wal-Mart)
  • Scissors
  • Chalk
  • Ruler *Optional
  •  Mark the t-shirt, some people like to be precise and that's great.
  • Use a ruler and mark out the cuts gradually going down
  •  I eyeball most everything I do, so no ruler for me.
  •  Cut off the collar.
  •  Start cutting the slits
  •  I would start with 3 or 4 slits then try on the shirt, if you want more slits you can add more.
  •  Keep in mind you can always add but you can not take away.
 Stretch your slits.






This is the second shirt I did, it is not as low as the first one 
and it sits just a little different on my shoulders.
I  really like the first one,
in the picture below
I hope your weekend is magical.


Video HERE
Lots of <3,
Anne

1 comment:

  1. I am all for cutting off the collars of my tees which feel so restrictive to me. I have a tiny neck but hate those high collar tees. This is perfect and I have some stretchy freebie tees I can start with. In my mind I see decorating the slits with beads, etc too, but endless possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!