Chokers are all the rage right now, so why not make your very own chokers using just a few items.* FYI, a spool of velvet ribbon is only $1.97 at Walmart.* When you create your own it enables you to make it fit YOU, size wise and personality wise. You can also be creative when you make your own and push the boundaries, add charms, buttons, broaches, whatever your heart desires. The best thing is that this is an quick and easy project to do with your girlfriends or your children, even the impatient ones.:)
Things you need.
- Velvet ribbon
- 2 Jump rings
- 1 One lobster clasp
- 2 Ribbon crimps
- 2-3 inch piece of chain
- Small bead for the end of the chain
I used that as kind of a template
- Measure the velvet about 10 1/2 inches long.
- You could also place the ribbon around your neck and measure that way as well.
- Place the ribbon clamps on the end of the ribbon
- Using the Pliers Clamp the clasp down on the end of the ribbon.
- Add the jump ring and lobster clasp to one end.
- Add the chain and the other jump ring to the other end.
- Add a small bead or charm to the end of the chain