Anytime I see something I want to create I try my best to do it without sewing. (Kind of a challenge to myself.) Also, this shirt is made with brass pins which are rust proof. I am sure you could stitch the hems down if you feel the need. I am going to experiment without sewing.
Things You Need.
- Brass Pins *Walmart
- Leather lace or shoe strings. * Walmart or Michaels
- Chalk or a Washable Marker
- Cut off the collar.
- Cut down the top of the sleeve.
- Mark how many pins you would like. I put seven on each side.
- * Originally I had 13 on each side, that was way too many.
- Fold over your edges twice. This gives the pins more stability.
- You could sew this if you would like.
- Cut the leather lace about 48 inches long.
- Set your pins on the top side of the fabric, using them to hold your hem down.
- Lace up your leather, alternating back and forth like you would be lacing up a shoe.