I love the contrast between yellow and white, especially in the summertime.
Here is a easy way to decorate a shirt with a little yellow fabric paint and a half of a lemon, then I transformed the plain shirt into a beach cover up or a fun summer shirt.
Basic sewing required on this one.
Things you need
- Yellow Fabric Paint or Dye
- Lemon cut in half
- Paper Plate or Small bowl
- T-Shirt * Mine in an XL mens
- Sewing Machine
- Straight Pins
- Aluminum Foil
- Place some aluminum foil between the shirt.
- Put some Fabric paint on a plate or in a bowl.
- Place the lemon in the paint, wipe off excess, you do not want a bunch of paint.
- Stamp the front of the shirt, wait for that to dry and then stamp the back.
- Let it dry completely.
- Cut the hem off of the Shirt or use another shirt.
- *I used another shirt I had.
- Fold the shirt in half.
- Mark the shirt with chalk.
I eyeballed where I wanted the point of the shirt to go but you could measure.
basically, the point, is right about your breast.
- Fold the cut strip in half.
- From the half way mark pin the strip to the top of the shirt.
* I did a little folded pleat in the front, but you do not have to.
- Pin the back part of the strip to the back of the shirt, you will have some left over strip.
- Let that hang for now.
- I also pinned the sleeves with a pleat.
- Sew the strip to the shirt front and back.
- Also sew the pleat on the sleeve.
- On the back, sew to where the two pieces meet.
- Tie them and trim if needed.
I tied it up on the side because it was so long.
Great for a beach cover up or even a cute Night shirt.
I hope you have fun making this.
I think it would be a really cute little girls beach cover up too.
Just buy a small child's shirt.
Have a beautiful day.
Lots of <3,