Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, February 5, 2016

Weekend in Savannah.





 





 Not sure what this means but I had to take a picture of it.
 Beautiful old staircases everywhere.



and Jenga.









 Birthday Kisses

 Birthday Dinner.



This week I am on a long needed Vacation and it is Kevin's Birthday so we decided to get away for a few days, and scamper off to the beautiful Savannah, GA with my brother and Sister in law. Savannah is the perfect long weekend trip because it is only about 5 1/2 hours away from were I live and full of beautiful, historical  sights, great food and of course unique shops. 
We pulled into the city around 9 pm, Checked into the Riverside Marriott and headed straight to a restaurant called the Treylor Park for a late dinner. Great Atmosphere, delicious food and drinks ended our travel day perfectly.
The next morning we woke up and headed to J Christopher's   
where we ate every morning for breakfast. This is My Favorite Breakfast spot!
When we were finished with breakfast we  headed out to walk around the town and explore all the beautiful houses and historic buildings. If you ever visit Savannah keep in mind walking is the best way to get anywhere and enjoy the true beauty of the city,
 so bring your walking shoes and your Camera.
After we had our fill of the Beautiful buildings we ended up on Broughten Street to do a little shopping at the Paris Market (The Bathroom there was so beautiful ) and we drank some delicious coffee at The Coffee Fox. The Boys discovered The World of Beer
 and were perfectly happy hanging out there while we girls shopped.
 Once we had  our fill of shopping we met the Gentleman at The World of Beer and all played a game of Jenga, quite hilarious!  Once our games where finished we decided to move to another location and ended up at the Rocks on the Roof with a beautiful view of the Savannah River.
There we snacked on the hunters plate and had a cocktail. Watching the Sunset we decided to head to Molly MacPhearsons to play some darts and have an Ale. 
Then we walked back to our hotel and had a fabulous nights sleep.
 Up early on Sunday for another Breakfast at J. Christopher's and a day of doing what ever Kevin wanted to do because it was his Birthday. We spent more time at the Rocks on the Roof Top restaurant  and then walked down River Street back to our Hotel, enjoying all of the beautiful sites,  like the Steamboats and the beautiful old buildings. Once we returned back to the hotel we rested for about an hour then got ready to head out to dinner at The Olde Pink House. This is a (must go to) place for me if we visit Savannah.   The food there is delicious and the atmosphere takes you back to a time forgotten. Under the hotel there is a quaint little bar that transports you to the year 1776.   In this bar can enjoy live piano player, and warm cozy fires while you rest your tired legs on comfortable leather couches. Seriously the best place to transport you back in time. Once we were all finished there and truly worn out we walked  back to the hotel for another great nights sleep. 
On our last morning  we ate yet another yummy breakfast at J Christopher's  then traveled  to Forsythe Park to take a few pictures in front of the fountain. I was so disappointed when we arrived because  the fountain was being cleaned, we got a great picture anyway so I left happy.
 I hope Kevin had a great birthday, I know I did.  
There were a couple of places I left out that you definitely need to go visit while you are in Savannah.
 For those Civil War, History buffs there is a wonderful Fort called Fort Pulaski  that you can visit. Imagine walking inside a real Fort,  if you love history, like I do, you will love visiting this fort.
Also another must see is the beautiful Bonaventure Graveyard.  Johnny Mercer is buried there and the stone work in this Graveyard is incredible.
We visited those places last time we went so we did not go there this time.
Make sure if you visit Savannah to plan a little time to go  and see each of these places too.

Kevin and I  have both decided  to head to  a different place every vacation 
so we can  make great memories.  
Time is Flying by and we are not getting any younger.

I wonder what place we will decide to go to next.  

 If you have any questions about the places we visited please Email me.
I have linked everything I listed so you can take a closer look.
Have a beautiful day!
 I think we are off the the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World today.
I am squealing on the inside.
All my <3.
Anne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!