Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Braided Back Tee




Over the last couple of months I have been posting a few posts that I did for the blog called I Love to Create. I wanted to have my projects here so you could find them easily.
This was a post I did last spring.
 I know it's cold outside right now but thoughts of warmer weather are swirling around in  my head
I have seen so many braided back shirts over the last year or so,
I thought it would make a great DIY.
Adding your own little saying on the front of your shirt is just another way
 to make the shirt personal just for you.
You could wear it as a beach cover up or wear it with a tank and jeans. 
Check out how I made this braided back, Stencil Tee.
Things You Need

 Stencil 
T-Shirt
Scissors
Paper
Contact Paper
X-acto Knife
Piece of Cardboard
Straight Pins,or Safety Pins
Needle and Thread
 Cut your collar in to a v shape,
for an off the shoulder look.
I used the program, Paint, on my computer
and typed The words that I wanted. Then printed them out,
covered them in contact paper,
and with an X-acto knife I cut the words out.
 Place the Stencil on the front of your shirt.
Put your cardboard in between your shirt.
Use your pouncer and pounce Tulip Gold Fabric Paint over the stencil,
Then while the paint is still wet sprinkle  Tulip Gold glitter all over the paint.
Carefully remove your stencil. 
Let dry completely before doing the next steps.
On the back of your shirt cut out a section that looks like the picture above.
 Then cut that section in half,
 cut the half piece into three strips,
And the other half into three strips.
Braid
 I repeated those steps all the way down
you can make as many braids as you want. 
I made five.
 You might have to tweek the length of the braids before sewing,
(* A great tip: Use safety pins and try the shirt on.)
Once you have made the adjustments you needed
 Sew the braids to the shirt with your needle and thread.


 I gathered the braids together in the middle 
and using a scrap piece of t-shirt, I tied the braids together.



Add caption
I hope you all have a Wonderful Day.
Now go and Create.
For more T-Shirt DIY head on over to my
Lots of Love.
Anne

1 comment:

  1. I am totally positively in love with this shirt wow what a beautiful look.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!