Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, November 24, 2014

Glitter Triangle Earrings, DIY

  Make some sparkly earrings for the holidays.
 I want to say something about these close up photos of my face.
 I woke up this morning knowing I needed a few close up  photos of ME
 actually wearing the earrings I had made. All of you bloggers out there know what a task it is to get a photo of yourself, one that you do not hate or critique to the point that you say "Just forget it!" I know like me you Look at every scar, freckle and in my case wrinkles and think
 "Oh my I have to Photoshop that!" 
    Being a 47 year old blogger can be daunting sometimes. I struggle with my age like everyone else and taking close up pictures first thing when I wake up  is not my idea of a wonderful morning. With that being said, this is who I am now and this is what I look like.  It has taken many struggles for me to get here and I am not going to apologize for my wrinkles, scars or anything else
OR Photoshop them out.  Not one wrinkle, freckle, scar, sagging turkey neck was
  Photoshopped out of any of these photos.
 I am not a model or perfect by any means.
 I am just me doing what I love and that is Creating, Loving and Living.
 There has been a lot of talk about retouched photos and  Photoshopped photos, well the only thing I changed in these photos was some glitter that ended up on my nose. 
I did Photoshop that out it was distracting to my earrings.

     I am on the other hand wearing a little makeup: Oil of Olay CC cream, lip balm, a little mascara,  and a little highlight on my cheek bones. I didn't want to completely scare you.

 But I hope that you all know that we are all just souls in a body,
 all struggling with daily life and just trying to succeed and be loved. 
If you ever get to meet me in person I look just like these photos
 and I am not ashamed of anything.
I am just me.
Now lets go make some earrings!


 Tutorial
Things you need.
  1. Leather scraps
  2. Scissors
  3. Glitter
  4. Earring post and Backs
  5. Aleene's tacky glue 
  6. Aleene's bond glue
 Mark and Cut your leather into two triangles.

 Cover with glue.
 Coat with glitter.
 Let dry and repeat.
 When they are dry cover with a thing layer of glue.
let that dry 2 hours.
 Put a drop of bond glue on the back and add your post and let dry over night.

  I did have pretty good lighting. I set my camera on the window ledge and just started snapping.
 Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving week. 
I am hoping to get quite a few DIY post up that I have been working on, 
along with eating a lot of yummy food.
Lots of <3 to you and yours.
Anne



18 comments:

  1. 47!? Oh honey, you have nothing to worry about, I thought you'd be at least ten years younger than that! I'm a long time follower and I just love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful and I admire your attitude. I wish I could be like that. I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosanna, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. No need to apologize or apologize about not apologizing! All of us 40 something year old bloggers (older and younger) understand completely, that being said, you are beautiful, wrinkles, scars and sagging skin included :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Love earrings, remind me of drusy. Love that they are simple to make and inexpensive. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!! And I know what you mean thats a blogger life lol I hate pics of myself on the blog. So girl I feel your pain!!
    I just tell my readers I am not photogenic. and I am not young :) You look great in your pic.. Thank you for the DIY love it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Thank you so much for your kind words.xxoo

      Delete
  6. My favorite picture is the last one, with the Mona Lisa Smile. Your eyes look fantastic with those earrings too! I'm definitely going to use a little scrap leather to glitter up a pair for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do NOT look like you are 47! You look gorgeous! and yes Bloggers and photographers alike hate images of themselves. We are our biggest critics. I loved your words {and the DIY as well} But I completely agree, we are all the same at the end of the day, Souls in a body. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    -Sarah

    http://www.TheMorningCreative.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!XXOO

      Delete
  8. I usually don't comment, although I am a loyal follower. I just love your ideas. 47 is not old and you look terrific. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WISH I looked as good at 42, as you do at 47!! You look and are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your face. Not so sure about earrings that start out as glue and glitter.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!