Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Shirt Dress: DIY



Need a cute dress in a hurry? 
Grab an old XL shirt from your hubby's closet or find one in the thrift shop and make one in a flash. 
I bought this XL shirt at Wal-mart for $3.00,
if you can find an XL in a  tall size  that would work great.
Here are a couple of inspirations.




Tutorial
 Things you need.
  1. Mens XL shirt
  2. Chalk
  3. Scissors
  4. Straight pins
  5. Sewing Machine


Turn your men's shirt inside out.
 Lay a dress that you like the fit of  on top  the mens shirt. 
The dress you have will be your template.

Trace around the dress 
*give yourself and inch.

 Pin where you traced.
Then I would turn your dress right side out and carefully try it on.
Just to make sure you don't need to adjust anything.
 If the Dress fits you the way you want,  sew where you pinned it.
 Trim off the excess,
Iron the seams down.

2014
2015
Now  wear with your favorite shoes.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

3 comments:

  1. This is great. I'm going to try this with my work shirts since they only have men's shirts for everyone. :/ I hate how the size I have to wear to accommodate my chest makes it look like I have a huge gut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, but what would look great at the bottom to make it longer?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!