Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Open Back, No Sew T-Shirt: DIY

I have come to find out
 that with a T-shirt, Scissors and some imagination
 to can make almost ANYTHING.

 Tutorial
Things you need.

  1. T-shirt  * Hanes XL: 3 pack $14 at Wal-mart.
  2. Scissors
  3. Studs * Hobby Lobby
  4. Pliers
  5. Pencil or chalk.
 Lay your shirt flat cut off the hem.
Measure up 4 inches on both sides 
Cut off just the front of the shirt.

 Cut off the collar
Fold your shirt in half.
Mark the back like the picture above.
*You are only going to cut the back of the shirt.
 So I opened up my shirt and folded the back,
 lining up the seams perfectly.

 Take the piece you cut off of the bottom,
s-t-r-e-t-c-h  it,
 and cut it into 3 pieces.
Measure the top of your shirt and cut a piece about an inch longer.

 Right at the top seam. I bonded the two pieces together with a stud.
This does two things 
1. It keeps the seam from coming apart.
2. It keeps the back from coming open and falling off.

 Then I spaced two more pieces and attached them the same way.
* you could hand stitch this if you wanted.

On a mans XL t-shirt the arms are always big and unattractive on a woman.
To fix that, I always adjust them somehow.
Here I folded them and I put a stud there to hold it.
* You could hand stitch this if you wanted.


Then I added two more studs.

And now you have yourself a new shirt.



I love no-sew.
Have a great Tuesday
Lots of <3.
Anne

14 comments:

  1. i almost bought a tee that was cut up in the back, then thought, i can make this! i love that you added the studs!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea!! Definitely going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a printed tee that this will look fabulous on. I'm so excited but nervous, I pray I don't mess this up! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome so glad you liked it and it was easy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i did one like this a few months ago but the laces were twisted in braids &crossed in the back (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much you use XL t shirts for, yourself I asume but what size should I use for my friends little sister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on her size , i would say maybe a men's small . You just want it to be a little big.:)

      Delete
  7. I love this shirt!!!! i just finished it today!!!!! Thank you for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!