Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tee-Shirt Shrug, DIY

Need a little something for your shoulders when the nights get a little cooler?
 Make a shrug from the bottom half of a tee shirt.

 Tutorial 
Things you need.
  1. Extra Large Hanes Tee- shirt
  2. Scissors
  3. Pins
  4. Studs
  5. Pliers * not shown
  6. Sketch
  7. Sewing Machine *not shown
  8. Ruler* not shown
  9. Chalk *not shown
 Fold your shirt in half
Measure 6 inches down from the arm pit.


Draw a straight line with chalk


 Cut on the line, now you have a tube.
Save the top half for another DIY:)

 Turn inside out pin with your straight pins and sew a straight line across the top to close the tube.
Use the  appropriate color thread.
 I used a lighter thread so you could see better.
 ~This is the only sewing you have to do.~


Cut up each side, almost to the top.  
Stop about one inch from the end.

Turn right side out and over lap the corners where you just cut.


 I placed 3 studs there to hold it together.






On the back seam I placed studs all the way across,
 spacing them about 3 inches apart.



 Just for something a little extra


Now you have an easy, inexpensive solution to cold shoulders.

Oh and some Awesome news..
I was nominated in the "Top 25 Creative Blogs"  By The Skinny Scoop.
The Link is HERE
I feel so HONORED to have been nominated
with so many other Talented and amazing Bloggers
Head on over and pick your Favorite to Win
The voting ends October 31, 2012.
 Halloween.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

19 comments:

  1. very nice idea. I like your blog by the way!
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great project- ill be voting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely flashed! It's so beautyful! Your Blog was presented in the German journal called "Jolie" ans I searched it, but I didn't expected such a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LouLou thank you so much.. could you take a picture and send it to me.

      Delete
  4. My trick or treat bag just got the best "stuff" : YOUR BLOG.
    Love your stuff,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great and quick DIY shrug!

    Jenny
    Seamingly Smitten
    sewing patterns - Women and Children
    www.seaminglysmitten.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I can't wait to get a dark T-shirt and make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woawww, I just love it ! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the DIY for the rest of the tee-shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to come up with a shrug for my wedding. I have a Ivory dress and I want to have a Blue or Lavender Shrug with a matching belt ( my dress is just a little big). If you have any ideas for me I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Esther, would you like to make the shrug or buy it? I will send you some pictures via email if you would like.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!