I Saw this Coca Cola shirt and instantly thought DIY.
I mean aren't cut up shirts all the rage right now.
So easy to do yourself. Why not Save a few $$ and make it yourself.
Things You Need
- Find the middle of the back of the shirt, right below the collar seam.
- Draw a line with chalk around the collar to just a little past the middle front.
- Cut where you marked
- TIP: *Cut as close as you can to the collar but don't cut the seam stitching.
- For a wider cutout, mark about two inches over and gradually taper to a point.
- Do that for the Front and Back
- On the other side of the collar I traced a triangle
- Cut that out
- Fold the shirt in half with the front of the shirt on the fold.
- Draw a line making a small curve upwards.
- Cut the chalk line.
I made a quick video for this shirt on my You Tube Channel.
Click the link.
Hi! I love your DIY shirts, they're so cute and easy! 💙💙💙ReplyDelete
My question is this though, I've made a few of them and every single time as soon as I wash it the cut hems roll up. Even ironing hasn't flattened them out. Is there a trick I'm missing or something I might be doing wrong? Thanks!
Hi, good morning, Sorry i have not been getting my notifications:(Delete
Are you using a a 100% cotton or a ploy /cotton blend. Poly cotton blends tend not to roll as much. but 100% cotton will roll unfortunately.
Thanks so much for the question.